Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sense of Touch

Imagine life without the sense of touch. The feel of cool running water, your soft and poofy pet, the fuzz on the outside of your peach. Our tactile senses really add a lot of variety and joy to life. For me, each season has special things that delight the tactile senses. In the summer time, it has to be the feeling of that first jump into the cool pool on a hot hot day. The way the water engulfs you and completely refreshes your every fiber. In the fall, the feel of the wind gently caressing and sometimes relentlessly whiping across the face. In the winter, my favorite is the feeling of coming in from outside, in the middle of a terrible snow storm and bundling up in a toasty blanket. Then we have spring time. In the springtime I enjoy feeling the petals of flowers, so silky and soft.
Our sense of touch can be used and rediscovered all year long. When was the last time you thought about how grateful you are that you can feel? There are so many wonders in this world and so much variety. What of all the things in life delights or perhaps frightens or shocks your tactile senses?

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I have never really thought about things I am grateful for that I can feel. But that is an interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It funny how we take things for granted. This reminds me of how I burnt my tough and temporary lost the ability to fully taste my food. It allows you to appreciate every detail that God gave you.

    ReplyDelete